Sunday, May 1, 2011

Windy day....

and we're still praying for rain. Yesterday, I was going to get out and water again, but decided I would wait since it looked like it might rain.And, yes, we got a few drops, but just enough to make the deck look spotted.

So, this morning I went out and spent my 45 minutes in the yard, watering everything. I enjoy listening to the birds and feeling the breeze. And, I pray. For grace for the day...to do what needs to be done. For peace when I begin to freak out a bit (yeah, I do that sometimes). And, for genuine love. Not the pretend stuff.

No, we haven't gotten any rain, but in some ways, that's good. Any opportunity to enjoy the creation of God and spend time talking with Him is good.

And, for those wondering, my squash, cucumber and bell pepper plants are growing like crazy. Hope they produce fruit.

1 comment:

Denise said...

You are not the only one that freaks out sometimes.....I am just blessed to have a husband that still loves me in spite of it. In the past few years, since my hubby's accident I have realized that I am truly blessed to be where I am right now, even though it isn't always peachy keen.